Thursday 2 June 2011

Holy Guacamole!

©NotAnotherFoodie

I don't know anyone that doesn't like guacamole and unless you were confused by Play-Doh as a child, you won't have any problems making it. As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to this old faithful anything goes but I've taken the liberty of providing my recipe below.

Much to my sister's dismay I haven't used fresh tomatoes. Despite her claim that I am "doing it wrong" I would like to take this opportunity to refute her allegation and affirm that, as far as I  know, there is no law stipulating the use of tomatoes in guacamole. If you want to add them, feel free!

What you need:
©NotAnotherFoodie

  • avocado
  • sour cream
  • red capsicum
  • pickled jalapenos
  • lime
  • coriander

Mash the avocado and add as much sour cream as your taste buds desire. Chop some coriander and finely dice some capsicum and mix through, saving some for garnish (again exact quantities are up to you). Add some lime rind and juice to taste.

©NotAnotherFoodie
Place in a bowl and garnish with the coriander, capsicum and jalapenos (you will notice I forgot to add the jalapenos until after the majority of photos were taken). Serve with tortilla chips. Easy.
©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment