Sunday 15 May 2011

Chocolate Coats

©NotAnotherFoodie

Now before you jump to any conclusions and think I've developed a seriously creepy habit, let me assure you that it is in fact chocolate. Nibbling away at the remnants of my Easter haul, I decided the egg deserved a better send off.

©NotAnotherFoodie


It needed a purpose to release it from it's purgatory. That purpose was to cover nuts. To my complete surprise I actually found some walnuts hiding on the top shelf of my pantry which meant one thing: time to get melting! I boiled some water in a saucepan and then rested a glass bowl on top so that the water was not quite touching the bottom of the bowl. I forget what this technique is called but it's a good one.

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie



In the meantime I turned the oven on full-bore, placed the nuts on a baking try and then roasted them for 5-10 minutes.

©NotAnotherFoodie


Once they were done I threw them in the bowl of melted chocolate, immersed them with it and then placed on some baking paper before throwing them in the fridge to set.

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie


I still had some chocolate left so decided to experiment with other bits and pieces. I found Oreos and peanut butter - perhaps a little excessive but why let that ruin the fun.

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie






























The final results...
©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie


No comments:

Post a Comment