Tuesday 31 May 2011

French Toast on a Lazy Morning

the best french toast
©NotAnotherFoodie

The best thing about lazy weekend mornings is that you don't have to rush out the door stuffing down peanut butter toast faster than you can chew. Having time to make and eat breakfast is a luxury for me (did I mention I'm not a morning person?) so on Saturdays and Sundays I love to either cook up a storm at home or head out to a local café. Last Saturday I opted for the former and made something I hadn't had in a long time, French Toast.

What you will need:
the best french toast recipe ingredients
©NotAnotherFoodie



  • bread (I prefer a stale white loaf)
  • 200ml milk
  • 2 eggs
  • butter
  • 1 tablespoon icing sugar
  • banana
  • strawberries
  • maple syrup
  • nutmeg & cinnamon (optional)

Mix the eggs and milk well. Add the sugar and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon if you like those spices.

how to make the best french toast recipe
©NotAnotherFoodie


Cut the bread into thick slices and soak in the egg mixture for a few minutes. Heat some butter in a pan and cook both sides on medium heat until golden brown (if the pan is too hot the outside will burn and the inside may not cook properly).

how to make the best french toast recipe
©NotAnotherFoodie


Once cooked, transfer to a plate and top with strawberries, banana and maple syrup  (you can also get creative with decorative cinnamon if you like). Best enjoyed with a cup of freshly brewed coffee!

the best french toast
©NotAnotherFoodie
the best french toast
©NotAnotherFoodie

2 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I've had french toast - this really makes me want to make it right now =)

    ReplyDelete