Wednesday 20 April 2011

Onion & Rosemary Fritatta in B Flat

When I got home from work today I was tired and hungry. I didn't have much food and, quite frankly, couldn't be a*sed to go to the supermarket - I needed something simple and easy with minimal ingredient requirements. I'd seen people make fritattas before and remembered it looking pretty basic so with a 'how hard can it be' attitude I (almost) conquered my first fritatta! Find my recipe with a few added suggestions below.

What you need:

©NotAnotherFoodie

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 brown onion (I'm sure red would work)
  • milk
  • cream (optional)
  • rosemary
  • parmesan
  • fresh tomato (to serve)

Finely slice the onion. Heat some olive oil in a small non-stick pan (mine is a lot smaller than it looks in the photos) and add the onion. Cook on low heat until nicely browned.

©NotAnotherFoodie

Roughly chop some rosemary (as much or as little as you'd like keeping in mind it is quite pungent) and add that to the pan. Beat the eggs, add some milk (about half an eggshell per egg) and a dollop of light pouring cream if you want it a little richer. Season to taste.

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie

Turn the heat right down and add the egg mix to the pan. Stir once immediately then take off the heat. Grate some parmesan over the top and place under the grill on high for 4min.

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie

Done! Mine was a little on the flat side which would make gastro-twats cringe but I still enjoyed it! If you want a fatter fritatta I suggest increasing the egg mix quantities - this may require longer cooking times. Serve with some fresh tomato.

©NotAnotherFoodie

©NotAnotherFoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment